The oldest mention of the name of Premeaux has been found in a document of XIIth century of Abbey of Mazières. The former Prisseium owned in early XIth century to Abbey St Bénigne in Dijon (1020). Then, most of grounds owned to the Abbey of St Seine (1220)
Prémeaux means « first waters ». Since gallo-roman period, when there was a lot of activity in Premeaux and in Prissey, a pool was created at the Courtavaux’s spring to cure skin- illness and also intestines, liver and eyes.
Hot, sulphurous, radioactive, the water 18°C hot all over the year. The exploitation of this water has been made until early 70’s. Then, the village has develop activities of wood, pink-stone, cereals, vineyard.
Prissey was a seigneury and then an independante village, administratively attached to Premeaux in 1972.
Prissey has kept from its local heritage in local stone, its church (XIIIth and XIVth centuries) with a belltower unfinished, its lordly chapel, its tombstone (XVth and XVIIth centuries), a pieta (XVIth century) and a painting (XVIIth century).
Digs made in 50’s allowed to understand the importance of Prissey regarding the gallo-roman village Les Bolards in Nuits-Saint-Georges : Prissey has a port and buildings worthy of an importante place. Monumental frangments dating from Low-Empire prove that.